The best router for 3G connection

TP-Link 3G router
If you have a 3G Internet stick and you plan to use it in order to create a wireless network for your home, you are lucky. TP-Link TL-MR3420 is a wireless router that works flawlessly with most 3G sticks/dongles today. I own a previous version of this router that I bought from Amazon UK a while back, and I'm very pleased with it. It took me few minutes to set it up (network security, PPPoE connection, 3G connection) but after that, I never had to touch it again.

3g router

My 3G stick (the one from the second image) had hiccups even before getting this router, and I had to reconnect it few times per day because the connection randomly froze. With this router I still have to use a reconnection, but it happens once or twice per week, and when it does, I just go into the admin panel from my iPhone and I click the "reboot" button. In 10-15 seconds everything is back.

Heating and noise
I keep the connection up and running 24/7. First, I thought that the router or the 3G stick will get too hot if I will keep them always on. After few days of usage I understood that this will not be the case with TL-MR3420. Every time I checked it, it was slightly hot, almost imperceptible temperature. So, no heating problems here. Also, the router makes no noise. It's as quite as a flower.

Coverage and specs
The coverage of this router is pretty good. My first router is a Linksys WRT54GL created by Cisco, and it's probably the best router for home networks. It provides the best coverage money can buy, but unfortunately it does not feature a 3G connection. That's why I bought the TP-Link. So, comparing the coverage of both routers, I can honestly say that Linksys is slightly better, just slightly. With TP-Link, I can still get network signal even 40-50 meters away when I'm outside the house. If we are to compare the overall performance alogn with the price and specs of these two routers, TP-Link wins hands down, because it's smaller, it features a 3G connect and it's faster (54 Mbps vs 300 Mbps).

Other features:
You can secure your network with these included Encryption Algorithm (AES, TKIP, WPA, WPA2). Data Link Protocol:Ethernet, Fast Ethernet, IEEE 802.11b, IEEE 802.11g

Price and more images
As I said, this router is pretty cheap. You can find it on Amazon for around £32.06.
first image credit: amazon.co.uk